Saturday, October 26, 2013

Fairy in a Cup - My First Vector Drawing

Years ago I was introduced at work to a PC (Personal Computer, not Political Correctness) with a mouse attached. Did people actually draw with that thing? Not only did it feel like a bar of soap, but I had to draw in one place and view the image in another.

I swore I would never make art on a computer.

When Disney closed its Feature Animation studio in Burbank I decided  to return to college to finish my degree. To finish off my lower division requirements, I took an Adobe Illustrator class at Glendale Community College.


This image was my very first attempt at drawing with a mouse on a computer. I am very proud of the fact I created this using vector curves without making any preliminary sketches. Being new to the tools though, I imported it into Photoshop, painted it and flattened the layers without saving earlier versions.

Someday I might revisit this character and improve both linework and color.

No comments:

Post a Comment